- Parts of microscope, scaling, etc.
- Preparing plankton samples and viewing them under microscopes.
- Phyto plankton vs. zooplankton
- Use of visual keys
- Comparison of depth-specific samples
- Niche evaluation
- Relative density, etc.
OBSERVATIONS & DISCUSSION
- Teams will complete the appropriate portion of their lab sheets, noting types of organisms found, population density and other factors as appropriate.
- Organism specific studies: life cycle and adaptations
- Population dynamics
- Comparison to historical data from academic sources and previous Floating Classroom years.